Chris, my family and I have settled in for the remainder of our journey. I anticipate that God will soon complete Chris' healing process and we can get on with the job of working for HIM.
Chris continues to improve and now he is moving more than he has since this all began. His knees and arms are getting stronger and the O.T.'s are standing him more and more. Everyone is quite pleased with his progress. Just want to mention some more "little" miracles. Many of the nurses, attendants, aids and hospital workers are christians. It seems that the Haverstraw church Jerusalem, has many workers at the hospital..from nurses to lab technicians, to aids,etc. It just so happens that many years ago Chris met many of these people and he also knows their Pastor. Coincidence? Not! They all pop in to say hello and they have been a blessing.
Our women's ministry at our church has been making sure that Pastor is fed and he has already gained 8 lbs. He looks better and better each day. He is determined to walk out of that hospital and he will! Sunday (Father's Day) we took him to church; he said he was ready and off we went. He was all "decked out" and when we arrived everyone was surprised. The reception was marvelous and Pastor was very pleased. When it was his turn to speak, I thought he was going to preach, but he didn't..he just caught himself and stopped! WHAT A MAN! After the celebration, we took him out to dinner to a beautiful restaurant...Mark, Brenda and the kids. David, Emily and Christian. Marisel and Donald their children, Matthew and Marissa were also with us. We had a wonderful time and didn't bring Pastor back until after 9:00PM We did not get in trouble. The nurses welcomed and were happy that he had had a good time.
Parece que le gusto, porque manana (Sectional Service for the Upstate Section at our church) he wants to be there. When I got to the hospital he informed me that he had already seen the people in charge and gotten permission to go to church tomorrow. He is really something! He also arranged to be at church on Sunday. (He's Back!)
We are so very happy to be back. I am a very different woman. I feel so very close to our Lord and His presence is ALWAYS with me. I can't explain the feeling..you'll
just have to trust me and pray that you experience the same thing. I don't ever
want to be the "old" me...I like the "new" me much better!
I want to thank our church for their prayers and for arranging to have someone bring Pastor homemade food every day. We have a wonderful congregation and they truly love their Pastor. Thanks guys!
I will try to keep you informed. Please understand that when I come home it is usually late and I am very tired. I want to keep you up to date and I will try very hard to do that!
Please continue to pray and seek God's love and favor for all of us. He is always ready, willing and able to do exceedingly well for us.
Love * Blessings,
Lali