Dear Friends & Family,
September 10th, as you know we were able to finally bring Chris home. God continues to be our strong fortress and we ar grateful for His love and enduring mercy. We are also grateful for family and friends such as you. All of your prayers and supplications before God have reached His throne and mercy. THANK YOU!
I was going to HHH everyday including the weekends. On Sundays Mark,Brenda and the children would pick Chris up and take him to church. We would attend Sunday School and Chris would preach during the Sunday Service. Everyone has been very kind. We have hit some serious bumps, but God's grace has been sufficient to keep us afloat. After the service we would go to dinner...Chris likes the Cheesecake Factory. We also found a Latino restaurant in Haverstraw where they make some pretty good PR food. After eating we would take Chris back to the hospital and then go home. (Very sad leaving him there every Sunday after spending the day with him). The kids especially did not like it. Kathy, Kristin, Alicia and Joshua have all visited Papa. My three sons, Rodney, Mark and John have been beyond what one expects from offsprings. They have been my comfort and strength. Brenda has been awesome! What a fine woman of God we have been blessed with. Kathy has been supportive as well and so has Gina. John surprised me!! He preached one Sunday a couple of weeks ago and was used by God to minister to our church. Mark preaches frequently and he is very anointed and used by God. I feel so honored to have been gifted with these men of God. Our grandchildren are our pride and joy. Kristin went back to school (2nd year!! Alicia started school and Josh will be graduating from HS in two years. My little crew (Mark & Brenda's kids) David, Emily and Christian have also gone back to school. Everyone has really pulle together during this very trying time amd evem the children have shown understanding and compassion for Papa during these mamy months.
I continue to take Chris for Occupational therapy and exercises 3x a week. On our way home he stops at the church and does some work and checks the work going on. We go shopping for things we may need and then go home. He is back at doing his bookkeeping and I know that MARK is breathing a lot easier!!! Mark had become our bookkeeper. Thank you Mark, God Bless!
Chris is now using the walker only and we have put the wheelchair out of commission. Praise God....quite often Chris will walk around the house without the use of the walker as well. He truly is an inspiration. Not once have I heard him complainbe, other than when we were in Africa and he comlained because he couldn't go to church!!!
I do hope I haven't bored you with all this information; I just thought you't like an update. I will send pictures with my next blog which will probably be close to the last one.
Please write and let me know if you are still reading it.
Goodnight and God bless.
Love,
Lali
PS: Our church had a big welcoming home Fiesta for Chris this past Sunday. The church was packed and many ministers and their wives and visitors came. We felt very special and pleased having our Superintendent Rev. Rafael Reyes with us. Sister Eliza Carrion and Sister Ramonita Montes were also with us. As well zs the Women's District Leaders led by Sister Virginia Maldonado. (Her husband was also there!) Our Presbyter Rev. Joel Garcia and his wife were present as well. There were so many people and the festivity and the presence of the Lord was enjoyed by all. Mark preached and his sermon was a very anointed and powerful Word from God for the church. The congregation responded favorably and I know the Lord was in our midst. Praise God! I was especially pleased to have my sister Yoland and her hus band John present!!! Kathy, Joshie and Kristin surprised us as well...Alicia was in school and could not make it.
Chris and I are so blessed. Glory to God!!!!