Sorry for not updating the blog, but the past two days have been super busy. Mom and I have been going to bed at 1:30am each night; in fact it is currently 1:25am. Friday was a good day for Dad, he looked well rested and he slept throughout the day. In total he slept around 14 hours, without any sedation. As I said earlier he was exhausted! In between his rest Mom asked Dad if the Lord has been speaking to him. He said “The Lord hasn’t said anything.” And Mom told him to keep praying and to keep seeking.
At Friday evening’s visit one of the nurses came to us and asked us if she could allow a visitor, who admitted that he did not know him or us, in to see Dad. The nurse explained to us that the visitor said he received a call from “his people” in Peoria and they told him that he needed to visit with a Pastor who was hospitalized in GreenAcres Hospital in Port Elizabeth. Mom and I hesitantly agreed and the man came in the room and explained his purpose for coming. Immediately my spirit connected with him and I was able to discern sincerity and God’s love in him. He went on to say that he has dedicated a good part of his life counseling people in various venues and that he is an elder in his church who simply wants to be used by God. After we gave him a brief history of Dad’s situation he asked us if we would allow him to pray for Dad. We agreed and he asked if we could hold hands and of course we agreed. As soon as the man started to pray the presence of the Lord filled the room. When he was done he said “Did you notice that the Lord didn’t have me pray for healing?” Mom and I shook our heads yes and he turned to Dad and said “I really feel the Lord impressing on my heart to tell you to keep up the good work you’ve already started.” He also said that this experience was going to give Dad a wonderful testimony that he can share with the world and that God will speak to him while he is lying in the bed. He then said "Don’t give up, God will speak!” Mom and I were flabbergasted. Then as quickly as he came in he left, it was as if we were visited by an angel… in fact, we were.
Saturday was another good day for Dad. He looks great! His body is coming alive. His muscle tone continues to improve and his muscle movement is improving everyday. He’s actually gaining a little (very little) weight on his legs. We continue to do resistance training every day and I can see the improvement each day, it is awesome to see.
John arrived today and it was great to see him. He seems ready for his second tour of duty and I am sure he will do a terrific job, just as he did before. I can leave knowing that Mom is in good hands and that John will continue to work with Dad while he visits with him in the hospital. It has been a month since I landed in SA and I must say that, surprisingly, I find it a bit hard to leave. The people that I’ve met here are incredible and it will be hard to forget them and these weeks spent in SA. This expereince has helped me to mature in several areas but most importantly I've learned that God blesses, even in our darkest hour. All we need to do is seek him and trust him. What an awesome God we serve. Keep praying and trusting the Lord for Dad's safe return.