Sunday, March 2, 2008

We Have a Battle






God is faithful and he is gracious, all the time!!! By God’s mercy and grace I can call today a victory, thank you God! The Lord used me today to minister and speak a word to His church and to the leadership. Apparently the Lord has been dealing with the church leadership in the area of discipleship and that was the topic of the message that the Lord led me to preach. After I preached, Pastor Neville led an awesome altar call and many people came to the front for prayer and encouragement. In addition, four people gave their hearts to the Lord. After the service several people came to me to tell me how the message blessed their lives and how they had learned something new. It was a wonderful experience, praise be to God! Later in the day we received a text message from one of the leaders in the church that read: “Hi Pastor Lali. Please tell Pastor Mark I thank the Lord for the Word this morning. My spirit was lifted. I came with pain, swelling and discomfort in both my legs. (I’ve been like this since December). God touched me during the service…when Pastor Mark said at the end we must stand, I got up without pain! I could move without discomfort! I have so much energy now to do my housework! Glory to God! May God bless you all! Regards to your husband, we are praying for him. Elizabeth, part of the Church Leadership.”

Here are two pictures of me behind the pulpit and a few additional photos of the church. When I prayed to God for an opportunity to minister outside of our church I had no idea that he would take me half way around the globe to minister in another country. God is too much… I am overwhelmed.

When we went to the hospital this morning we told Dad what God had done and he was all smiles. In the morning we found him off the ventilator and on the oxygen and he was doing very well. At the afternoon and night visits he was still on the oxygen and he seemed to be coping extremely well. It seems as if the lung infection is gone. At the night visit Debbie (the bubbly lady that I spoke of earlier) came to visit with another ex-GBS patient (Evan) who not only had GBS, but has had it twice! It was great to hear their stories and to see them speak with Dad. They were very straight forward with him but they were also very encouraging. I think it did Dad a world of good to speak with them. At the end of their visit he seemed encouraged. At one point during their visit Dad looked at Mom and me and said with determination “We have a battle in front of us” and I told him “Yes, but we will win in Jesus’ name!” and he smiled in agreement. Debbie gave us a stack of literature regarding GBS and Evan gave us his contact information and said that if we ever needed any help to please call him. Evan is a part of the GBS Foundation International and is starting a support group in Port Elizabeth. His and Debbie’s passion to inform and assist is something to behold. Where are all these wonderful human beings coming from?