Monday, May 5, 2008

Anyone for a "DIP?" I'm ready!!!










Today was by far the most exciting of all days. When I arrived at the hospital Chris was already at O.T. (occupational therapy). He really works hard and his determination is quite obvious. What a guy!! After his session I took him back to his room and he informed me he was going in the pool. "Great," I said. Thinking, NO WAY!! A while later they began to get him ready for the pool. He was excited and I was nervous. I shouldn't have been....


When we got to the pool, a young lady and a young man very gingerly took him off the wheelcheer and just as gingerly placed him in the pool...."Pa' que fue eso!!" He immediately started flapping his "wings" and legs. The two young people began to laugh and exlaimed, "He's swimming and using his arms and legs all by himself!" When they finally realized they could not contain him, they went off to help other people and Chris "OWNED THE POOL!" I took picture after picture and also a video. I don't know how to load the video, but LOOOOOOK at the pictures!! Pretty Cool, eh?


As if that weren't enough...prior to the pool experience, Dr. Campbell asked to see me. I went to his office and he proceded to inform me that this Thursday he will let me know the date when Chris and I will be able to go home. He asked me if there was someone I knew who could attend to him during the flight (a nurse). He asked about the lady who had come with me to our prior meeting; (Marina - our friend from Ebenezer Center and a reg. nurse at Greenacres who'd taken excellent care of Chris during his stay there). I told him I would check with her and I did and she said she would look into it, but she saw no problem!! God continues to be soverign...


Dr. Campbell also informed me that TODAY he would call Helen Hayes Hospital to check on the procedure involved to transport Chris to their facility. (Chris insists he will walk out of Aurora.) In any case, things are looking better and better as God continues to listen to all of the people who are praying for Chris. It appears that the WHOLE world is praying for this very, very humble servant of the Lord. Those of you who know Chris really well, know thatI am speaking the truth.


At the end of the day when I was knitting while he rested, after eating a huge meal (fish,chips-french fries in the US, salad and cranberry-apple juice), I looked up at him and he was looking at me kinda' funny. He said, "I don't know what I would do without you." WOW...pretty cool eh?



WHAT A GUY!!!!!!!


As always continue to pray as it has been all of your prayers which have served to carry us through all this.