




Yesterday Dad was very alert. On each visit we noticed that he has made tremendous improvements with mouth movements. We are able to understand him much easier than before. We still have trouble understand words but he has improved. Mom, Rod and I continued to service him with leg, feet, back and head rubs. He is looking like Dad again.
Today (Thursday Feb 1st) was my last day with Dad as I am on my way back home (Thank you Uncle Benny!). As you can image it is extremely difficult to leave. I am really not sure if I can articulate my feelings except saying that I love my Dad. I have been here since the beginning and have watched him transition to where he is now. Those of you who have not been here and seen Dad and spend time with Mom you will never truely understand the impact it can have on you emotionally, physically and spiritually. I do not wish this situation for anyone but I am glad that I had the opportunity to be with Mom and Dad during this time. I have learned a lot about myself, about Mom, the strength of Dad, medicine, faith, and willingness of people to serve with a true servants heart. It has honestly changed my life. Our family is strong. Strong in faith, strong in love and strong in hope. I thank all of you who have prayed and supported and who will continue to support us. Ok enough about me...Mom and Rod are in great hands in Port Elizabeth. From the Pastors and members of the church there to nurses/doctors to Hobie Beach where they are currently staying....THANK YOU LYNN FOR EVERYTHING...hi Jimmie. Rod will continue to update the blog... God is love...right Mom!