Friday, February 1, 2008

Changing of the guard

Feburuary 1st:
I know it was difficult for John to leave yesterday but I must tell you we should all be extremely proud of him. He did a wonderful job, not only with dad but with staying informed on daily edical treatments and helping mom. I was so proud of him, he had a routine down with dad and it worked. He kept the nurses (sisters) laughing and of course everyone just loved him. Way to go John mom and I will miss you!

Dad continues to improve. We communicate much better (thanks to John) in fact he is getting his humor back. He attempted to say take me home. Mom kept asking him, take you home? He shook his head no so after the third time I went over to him and he said very clearly take “her” home! We had a good laugh; he smiled and gave me a wink, good old dad. The routine John laid out works and I am sticking with it. I rub his feet which he just loves and his lower back. The doctors are pleased with his development however they remind us it is a very slow recovery. Mom and I notice he is getting stronger day by day. Keep praying for him and mom as we continue to have faith in the healing power of God.