Friday, April 18, 2008

LOOKING GOOD!

Marisel has gone home and I am left alone. Don't anyone worry...Ebenezer Centre is taking GOOD care of me. I am really never alone, Praise God!

Today was a very good day. When I got to the hospital this am the nurse showed me that they have taken Chris off oxygen altogether! They will remove the metal trachea tomorrow and then he will be able to speak clearly!!! Very exciting news. He appeared very happy and he looked great! He is eating mashed potatoes(those of you who KNOW Chris know that he dislikes potatoes! (musn't use the word hate) He is also eating mashed sweet p0tatoes, jelly (jello) and custard. He is not a happy camper. I made some chicken soup (found cilantro - praise God) Marisel, I did, I did! They sell it at Woolworth! In any case, the soup turned out great and I took him only the broth. He took several sips, but the nurse told me that if it had herbs, it would not be wise to give it to him as it could irritate his throat. Well, so much for the sopita. I will try again in a couple of days.

In the pm when I went to visit him, I got there a little - sopita making, he was already in his wheelchair and all "decked out" to go out! So off we went, Doulin, Desmond and I. Chris told us where he wanted to go and what he wanted to see. It is really encouraging to see him doing so well. After a while he told us he was ready to go back upstairs and we all obeyed.

Once we were upstairs and they had made him comfortable in his bed, he reminded me to pack his jogging suit, bathing suit, the cards, letters and pictures hanging in his room. He is really something else!!

So, family, please continue to pray as God is answering all of our prayers.
Marisel, thank you for everything!