Saturday, February 2, 2008
February 2nd 2008: (Thankful)
Today was a GREAT day for dad! He is doing very well. The swelling in his arms has gone down considerably and he continues to show us his strength. He is in a lot of pain however this is a great sign. His nerves are beginning to repair themselves and he is beginning to feel his body aches. His back hurts quite a bit and he has been asking me to rub it more and more. Today mom lifted his arm and he was able to hold it there for a few seconds. This evening he asked me to rub his feet. As I began he started pushing me away with his feet, I looked at him and he smiled, AWESOME! I never realized how much I loved his smile! He is working very hard. Mom and I remind him to take it easy and to be patient but you all know my dad, there's his way and his way. Today was a day we saw much improvement and we are so thankful! He is still on a ventilator and still not ready to breath on his own. We know your prayers are working and our family appreciates your support! Oh one more tidbit – mom is now addicted to Pringles! Has to be her nerves.