Tuesday, February 5, 2008

February 5th 2008 (1 month)

It’s been 1 month since dad has gone into the hospital. Not really an anniversary worth celebrating but a landmark all the same. Prognosis has not changed as dad continues to heal. Dad is experiencing more and more pain. Nerve endings are firing off all over his body and there is nothing mom and I can do. We do our best to make him comfortable, such a helpless feeling I must confess. I don’t think either of us has ever felt so useless before. The sisters have been very helpful in accommodating dad but it’s frustrating on both sides I am sure.

I have an appointment with dad’s neurologist tomorrow afternoon at 5pm. I just want to make sure dad is on pace and if there is anything else we can do for the pain. Please keep dad in your prayers but I would also like to make a special request. Please pray for mom, this experience would not be easy on anyone given the circumstances.

I don’t know why our family is going through this experience and I don’t need to know. We need to trust the Lord and wait on Him, after all He’s plan this long before our time. We must be true steadfast in our prayers and put our worries in God’s hands. Whatever God has in store for my dad is between God and dad. So pray for our family not for healing or understanding but for patience so that when the answers are revealed we’ll recognize it and be at peace.