Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sit Down

Today was a good day for Dad. He asked us if the Doctor's have said when he would be able to talk, and when he would be able to leave. We told him that he is making good progress and that each day puts him one day closer to leaving. He shook is head and kind of shrugged his shoulder as if to say “oh brother.”

He rested a lot today, at one point during today’s visits he looked at me and told me to take a seat. That is very unusual, he’s usually asking for something, I was shocked. Yesterday night I downloaded an audio-book from itunes, it is the book of Romans dramatized with a musical score and sound effects… really cool. I thought it might be a good way to occupy his mind. So I tried playing it for him today and he listened for about 5 minutes and then asked me to turn it off, I could tell that he really didn’t enjoy it too much. When we went for our evening visit I asked him if he wanted to listen again, and he graciously agreed to take another listen. I think he didn’t want to let me down, so I put it on but only for a few minutes. I think I’ll try something less dramatic, maybe just a plain reading of the bible, no enactment and no music. I think that might be more to his liking. At any rate, he had a good day. Keep praying for him and for Mom. These days are pretty grueling emotionally.